Friday, March 7, 2014

Common Core Standards 5/7/14

Common Core Standards
  • Reading for Information: Determine two or more central ideas of a text and analyze their development over the course of the text, including how they interact and build on one another to provide a complex analysis; provide an objective summary of the text.
  •  
  • 4 = Fully understand the concept/skill
  • I am able to determine two or more central ideas of a text, I can analyze how they develop throughout the text and how they build on one another and how they interact with each other. At the end of the text I am able to type up a summary and explain in detail the events that had taken place.  

  • Reading for Information: Analyze a complex set of ideas or sequence of events and explain how specific individuals, ideas, or events interact and develop over the course of the text.
  •  
  • 4 = Fully understand the concept/skill
  • Here I would give my self a 4 because I can do this in every story/article/text.  

  • Speaking and Listening: Present information, findings, and supporting evidence, conveying a     clear and distinct perspective, such that listeners can follow the line of reasoning, alternative or opposing perspectives are addressed, and the organization, development, substance, and style are appropriate to purpose, audience, and a range of formal and informal tasks.
  •  
  •  4 = Fully understand the concept/skill
  •  When presenting information and supporting evidence to my topic or the task I give a full, clear and relatable presentation that give a full understanding that I know whats going on in the text and I am able to discuss it to the class. However in order to participate in certain discussions I have to listen to others to pick up on their ideas and topics which is where I also give my self a 4 in because I am full able to do that. 
  •  
  • Writing: Write informative/explanatory texts to examine and convey complex ideas, concepts, and information clearly and accurately through the effective selection, organization, and analysis of content.
  • 4 = Fully understand the concept/skill
  • After reading a text I am able to fully explain the information I had read and picked up, I am able to write and type the information.

     

1 comment:

  1. I should have been more specific in the directions. I actually was looking for your assessment of your work for the week. Specifically, the reflections, reading and understanding the first two chapters of mindset, etc.

    ReplyDelete