Friday, April 4, 2014

4/4/14

Quick write.

1) peer edited our argument essays.
  4 - I was the only one here and Ms.Becker help me improve my introduction to my argument essay

2) strengthened our final drafts by revising them based on the feedback we got.
  4 - I changed my topic and became more connected to it. I feel more confident writing my essay now then I did before.

3) participated in a Socratic seminar on public selective schools.

  4 - During the Socratic seminar I asked a well developed question, I participated,  I listened to my peers, gave my opinion, used a good tone of voice, and made eye contact with everyone.

4) analyzed and connected some essential questions and quotations to literature. 

  4 - I connected a quotation by Henry Ford to one of my literary books Fahrenheit 451, I connected my knowledge on mindsets to the main character Guy Montag and to the dystopian setting.

5) reflected on the impact of the neurological condition known as locked-in syndrome.
  4 - After watching the video in class yesterday on locked-in syndrome I added my 3 observation, 2 essential question and 1 feeling I had towards the video and the situation itself. I connected the situation the lens of mindsets and to my own personal opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment