Tuesday, January 6, 2015

1/5/15

Quick Write: In your opinion, is self-control related to success? Why or why not?


self control is related to success because when you're on the path to success you're going to come across many problems that are going to mentally and physically test you. Do you have enough self control to not do certain things? do you have enough self control to not fall into temptation? You need to know yourself in order to better yourself. 


Reflection: How did you do on "The Mallomar Test"? How do you think your success as a student may or may not be related to your ability to delay gratification, to distract and distant yourself from emotional distress? What are some strategies you have or plan to try to focus more on your goals and less on immediate gratification? Put your thoughts into at least one paragraph.

I did very well on "The Mallomar Test", I did not look at the chocolate, I kind of made my self think it was disgusting. I believe my success as a student has been partially related to my ability to have self-control because I've been in many situations where I was either being mentally/physically tested. The number one thing I do is not think. I stop thinking for a moment, I observe the situation, and then I evaluate whether or not my next move is a smart move. I do this for everything, from deciding what I want to eat for breakfast - to what actions I'm going to take to move closer to my goals. 


1 comment:

  1. Good strategy--pretending the chocolate was disgusting. If you stop thinking in testing situations, is that a distraction itself?
    Nicely written. Missing a coupe capitals at the beginning of sentences. Score: 4-4-3-4

    ReplyDelete